Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reliving The Past (Four Weeks)

So it has been a week since back in McCord - back to the old grind.  Lambing is in full force, so the dogs get to work everyday - which is good for them.  Of course, I don't bring the young guys out - the old ewes can be quite the dears at this time of the year. 
During the time in which I am waiting for lamb bottles to warm up, I thought I would reminisce of the events of last month.
Kelly met her niece at Louanne Twa's - a striking family resemblence does exist.
 On slow days of the clinic, I would take the phone and the dogs and go train - this day was at Jerry Kubatoff's
 Louanne and Michelle Bryan was there that day as well.
Louanne being bossy.
I had brought the young dogs out to go through their paces - backup was needed.
 These shoes were made for walking.
 But a nice walk it was.
 A photo opportunity existed at every moment.
Very keen students.
 Louanne and Gus - showing off.
 On one weekend I was asked to judge the Highland Stockdog Trial - there were a lot of new faces and dogs present.
Then of course, there were the old faces.  Oil of Olay Chris....Oil of Olay.
But the old farts showed the youngsters the way it was done.
 
 Another old fart - Jill Brodie.
 Corey Perry was there - he paid me enough to allow him to win the day. 

 Louanne and Isla, showing how it is done.
 The famous Stormy Winters, showing us....
 ....us how to pen into the exhaust pen.
 Doug Finseth came out with Maude.
 Louanne made sure that she brought her favorite sheep for Meg to do her runs.

Naomi Shields and Nim came out to play - it is always a good day when your dog doesn't grip the sheep. 
On one of the last days while in Alberta, I went to train at Louanne's, and she showed the secret weapons of a trainer.  Behold, the scary flag.
 As you can see, the flag helps in keeping the dog out of the sheep...and in this case...out of the picture.
 If the flag doesn't work, then the next step is the paddle.  And barring that, the shovel - and if you hit the dog hard enough, you can use it to bury him.
 The youngster that Louanne was working with, needed a little paddling.
 I did not stick around for the shovel exercise.

2 comments:

  1. I pay a visit every day some websites and websites to read articles, however this web site presents quality based articles.


    Visit my blog - basal metabolic rate calculator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my
    newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with
    something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.



    My web page :: healthy skincare lotions

    ReplyDelete