Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Trial Season Is Over With Agribition

The final trial this year was Agribition - 40 dogs (would have been more, but the US contingency couldn't come because of the vast amount of snow that had fallen). A little bit different setup this year for the courses, there were no retries for obstacles, so during the first round there were 5 full point runs (I and my dogs were not one of them). The sheep were lambs, and grips were allowed-which was probably a good choice, since many of the sets needed to get an attitude adjustment to get them going. Fly had the fastest run, but I goofed up and let one ewe miss the obstacle - thus losing by one point. Gin got third fastest time - but once again, my glasses have to be checked as I missed an obstacle all together. Oh well, had a good visit with my sisters and learned about how to make Wiener Water Soup (somehow, I don't think Chef Ramsay would like this delicacy). In the end, Ed Hunter, Chris Jobe, Jamie VanRyn, Peter Gonnet and Campbell Forsyth got their dogs in.
2010 trial season is officially over - now to work for 2011. If only I didn't have to work so much, I would be out there more with the dogs. It may be next year that I will once again train on the trial field. Not a recommended technique, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment